ELITE HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS
OFFICE SERVICES VOLUNTEER
Provides clerical support to the hospice program by fulfilling assignments in the office.
REPORTS TO: Volunteer Coordinator
Education: Completes an orientation and training specific to their role and responsibilities.
Experience: Typing and/or computer knowledge preferred. Previous experience working in an office setting desired.
Core Competencies: Make a time commitment of one year to serve a minimum of two hours a week as needed. Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Other: Valid driver’s license and auto insurance if assigned duties requiring driving or transporting goods.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with clerical work, filing, answering phones, etc.
- Prepares and mails of the bereavement information, newsletter or other literature.
- Makes admission packets, patient education materials, or other handouts.
- Assists the Volunteer Coordinator with Volunteer Training Sessions and other activities.
- Writes thank you notes for donations and sympathy cards.
- Attends monthly meetings, on-going education programs, support group, and/or social functions as appropriate or as requested.
- Maintains volunteer hours tracking
- Provides assigned administrative services.
- Communicates at the appropriate level.
- Documents services provided.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the position as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that maybe inherent in the position.
- Evidence of good physical and mental health.
- Able to lift 40 lbs. from floor to waist and waist to shoulder.
- Able to lift 25 lbs. from shoulder to overhead.
- Average vision/hearing
- Frequent bending and reaching
- Repetitive standing, walking and use of hands.
- Phone communication skills.
Protective Equipment Required = As required by task and procedure.
Exposure/Risk Category = III – Exposure to blood, blood products and body fluids not likely
HIPAA Level = 2