ELITE HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS
Supervised by: Administrator
Positions Supervised: None
Interrelationships: Office staff and clinical staff
The primary purpose of your job position is to perform clerical support in an efficient manner in accordance with established procedures and as directed by the supervisor.
Educational/Degree: High school diploma required.
Training/Licensure/ Experience: At least one (1) year experience in a clerical position or successfully completed a secretarial program from an accredited school/college preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English language. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors, and general public Must be able to use 10-key calculator. Must be able to type 35 words per minute.
Moderate lifting may be required. Requires considerable physical effort most of the day including kneeling, squatting, and reaching, twisting, climbing, walking, and exposure to temperature and humidity changes. Must able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 lbs and able to, pull, move, and carry such weight a minimum of 50 feet. Must possess sight/hearing senses or use appropriate adaptive devices that will enable senses to function at a level required to meet the essential duties of the position. It may be necessary to assist in the evacuation of procedure during emergency situations.
Must possess sight/hearing senses or use appropriate adaptive devices that will enable senses to function at a level required to meet the essential duties of the position.
Must be able to work independently and make judgments based on assessments and data available and act accordingly. Must be flexible, innovative, and possess good interpersonal skills. Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress and demonstrate emotional stability.
This position may be exposed to infections and contagious diseases. Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances. May be exposed/to occasionally exposed to patient elements. Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Receive and follow reception schedule/instructions from your supervisor and as outlined in our established policies and procedures.
- Operate paging/telephone system as required.
- Answer telephones, and determine nature of call and direct caller to appropriate individual or department.
- Receive inquiries and release information in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain a current file/listing of patients by name and room number, emergency phone members of on-call personnel, department extensions, key personnel, etc.
- Maintain a current listing of critical patients and/or patients who may not receive phone calls due to their condition.
- Greet visitors. Direct to appropriate office and/or patient room.
- Give directions/information to visitors, guests, patients, sales representatives, etc.
- Issue and collect identification badges as representative’s sign in/out.
- Ensure guests/visitors abide by existing rules and refuse admission to persons as directed.
- Assist with administrative duties as directed (includes typing, filing, posting accounts, etc.).
- Receive, sort, and distribute mail as directed.
- Operate copier, office machines, etc. as directed.
- Operate computer as directed.
- Order supplies as directed.
- Follow all established safety procedures and precautions when operating office equipment.
- Ensure administrative supplies have been replenished in work areas as necessary.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all patient care information including protected health information. Report known or suspected incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such information.
- Assist in maintaining patient funds in accordance with current regulations and facility policies.